This it backdated from September sometime but it dodn't post that way!
What a day!!! I had another farm day today that is blog worthy. After Larissa got home from school, the kids were out playing. They have very specific boundries of where they can and can't go or can and can't do. While I was cleaning up the kitchen and they were playing, it went very silent outside. That's never a good sign. After a few minutes, I stepped outside and yelled at them to see where they were. No answer. yelled again. No answer. Third time I get a smart remark from Larissa. They were in the barn where they hadn't asked to be. I called them in the house. Larissa immediately insisted that whatever thay had been doing was all Liam's idea. And that immediately tells me that it was her idea. Liam tries to tell me something about the chickens. I finally get Larissa to tell me what they were doing in the barn, where they weren't supposed to be alone. She tells me they were trapping chickens. Trapping chicken!?!? What do you mean trapping chickens? "mom we were trying to catch the chickens so we could show them at the Polk County Fair. I think they've acclimated to farm life don't you? I was furious at first because I was more afraid they'd get hurt so I sent them to their rooms. Then I called Jay who was working, and I told him what they were doing. He laughed right out loud!!! I chilled out after that. He thought it was so ingenious what she had come up with about showing them at the fair. However, I didn't want to implement a punishment that wasn't daddy worthy as well since he takes care of the majority of the outside chores etc. He wanted me to explain to her, I mean them :), that what they were doing could really scare the chickens to the point that they might not lay eggs for us anymore and we'd have to get rid of them, that they could've gotten hurt by being pecked or scratched etc. And then they had to go pick the garden clean of what was there at the time. I love the things my kiddos have come up with out here!!
Love that your posting again!!! What a great idea Larissa had lol. You guy totally should do something at the fair:) Congratulations on your new bundle of joy.
ReplyDelete