Friday, October 21, 2011

15 years ago...

15 years ago during Senior awards, I was slightly offended that I received an award called the Drama award-most likely to have the life of a soap opera.  I think they were originally trying to tell me I was a drama queen.  Well duh!  I was in theatre all four years of high school and I was a ballerina.  Go figure.
Fast forward 15 years years.  10/21/11 2am I take my 3 year old son to the ER for croup, stridor, retractions and a 103 fever under the arm.  We didn't get home until 5am.  10/20/11 slight TMI....I lose my plug and begin contractions all evening.  10/18/11  11pm I take Jay to the ER because an injury sustained at work the week prior is not healing.  We are there 3 hours.  Thank goodness it's at least workmans compensation so I don't have to pay that bill.  10/18/11 Larissa wakes up with 102 fever and her asthma flared up.  Later in the week we discover she has an ear infection.  She misses the rest of the week from school.  10/15/11 I change Jay's hand dressing to find out that's it's swollen an infected.  Send picture to former home teacher and thankfully he can see it enough to come to the same conclusion and call in medication.  Saves me a trip to another doctor or the ER.  10/13/11 Liam's birthday.  Jay goes to work as usual that evening only to come home at 2am with his hand wrapped and 5 stitches.  He knows he's in trouble for not calling me when it happened but we deal with it.  He was In K9 training and got bit really good by a dog.  10/2/11 Larissa pulls Liam off of her bunk bed and he breaks his wrist in two places.  We spend 4 hours in the ER to get Xrays and a temporary cast.  He gets his permanent month long cast two days later.
9/17/11 I wake up with a slight rash but ignore it as we have six little girls coming out to ride a horse for Larissa's birthday party.  Later that evening, I can't ignore them any longer as they are driving me crazy and itching.  I did go to church the next day only to leave and have a doctor friend of mine tell me to leave the church, I have chicken pox.  That was the first full week of fall session at the studio.  I missed it of course.
August we move.  Liam has two or three bouts of summer croup that the doctor thinks is crazy as croup is a fall illness typically.  Liam also has a follow up scope at Emanual which is always a fun experience when you have a child doing everything in his power to rip out his IV and I have a nurse refusing to listen to me as I struggle to keep him contained until she finally listens and takes the stupid thing out.
July I take Jay to the urgent care because he sheared his hand instead of the sheep wool and requires stitches again.  I have a really good bout of pre term contractions at the studio, while teaching.  Thankfully having experienced them before, after a minor freak out, I got home and was able to eventually get them to stop without having to go to the hospital.
I'm having a hard time remembering what happened in detail in June at the moment.  May, my 18 year old nephew took his life in my sisters basement.  The aftermath, we are still feeling.  Oh and this whole time, I'm pregnant with two little kids.
Yup, I'm living a soap opera.  But in a different meaning than I originally understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment